World Vision Recruitment 2018 for Development Facilitator – Jobs in Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the World Vision Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
World Vision Recruitment 2018
Position: Development Facilitator – Church, Community Engagement
Sponsorship Program (CCESP)
Location: Nyimba Area Programme
To facilitate implementation of sponsorship, church and community engagement and child protection activities at the Area Programme level and ensuring that children are participating in all Technical Programme activities and ensuring that all the CWBO are achieved with quality. The Development Facilitator oversees activities funded from both the sponsorship & grants funding streams.
- To ensure efficient and timely implementation of Child protection and nurture activities at community level.
- To support local level advocacy initiatives
- To facilitate establishment and/or strengthening of community based child protection mechanisms such as complaints and reporting mechanisms for child protection incidents
- To mobilize faith leaders to actively participate in child protection and nurture
- To prepare quality reports of the implemented activities of the CPN technical programme.
- To ensure children’s participation in CPN technical programme activities
- To facilitate training in CP for relevant staff, key partners and other stakeholders at community level
- To Support sponsorship staff in facilitating birth registration for children including WV Registered Children.
- To facilitate the roll-out of CPN models among community members
- To work with traditional leaders in promoting child protection and nurture
- Strong understanding of the systems approach to child protection; and community based child protection mechanisms.
- To monitor and report child participation in child protection and spiritual nurture activities
Professional and educational qualifications, key Skills and Competencies
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in child development, humanitarian aid/development, child rights, social work, theology or other related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in child protection or Church youth ministry.
- Understanding of WV’s Child Well-Being Outcomes, child-focused programming, and special priority for most vulnerable children.
- Solid understanding of CRC and other relevant international human rights standards protecting the rights of children.
- Understanding of meaningful and safe participation of boys and girls, according to age, ability and maturity, including the most vulnerable and children with disabilities; able to lead thinking in risk assessment and protection issues related to child participation.
- Exemplary Christian character, interpersonal relationship skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to coordinate AP’s management or follow-up reported child protection incidents in communities.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate efforts for child safe organisation compliance
- Good understanding of WV CP Policy and Standards
- Strong skills for relating and working with children
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to document good practice and lessons learned in CPSN Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 20% : field 80%
- Travel: international as required.
How to Apply