University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships 2019/2020 – Canada… Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships 2019/2020 – Canada… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships 2019/2020 – Canada
The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) is pleased to announce details about the 2019 University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships.
Offered annually? Yes
- Type: Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and International
- To be taken at (country): Canada
- Award Provider: University of Alberta
- Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000.
- Eligible Fields of Study: Courses offered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Duration of Scholarship: The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
Scholarship Description: The FGSR Recruitment Scholarships attract the best and brightest students to the University of Alberta. The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
• are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
• are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
• will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
Departments might have additional selection criteria. Candidates are advised to consult with the department into which they seek admission for more details.
Selection Criteria: Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience.
Number of Awardees: Each department is assigned an allocation. Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations.
Application Form – How to Apply:
There is no application form; eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department. Students cannot apply for this scholarship.
The department completes the nomination form, attaches the required document(s) listed on the form and submits to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) via email at email@example.com by the nomination deadline. The FGSR reviews the nominations for eligibility and completeness and forwards them to the Graduate Scholarship Committee for adjudication.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2018 (For students with a January 1, 2019 start date.)
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships 2019/2020 – Canada for more information.