Trac Fm (Duma Works) Recruitment 2018 for Program Manager – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Trac Fm (Duma Works) Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Trac Fm (Duma Works) Recruitment 2018
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is a recruiting platform that fuses traditional human-centered recruiting and an interactive digital process to simplify how growing businesses hire top talent on the African continent. Since 2012, hundreds of employers all over East Africa have used DUMA Works to save time and money when identifying qualified job candidates. They are recruiting for a valuable client, a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda.
TRAC FM engages radio listeners in East-Africa in meaningful public debate on matters concerning their relationship with government, public services, and the private sector. TRAC FM reaches out to even the most remote and excluded citizens through the use of basic mobile phones, interactive radio talk-shows, and innovative online software. Data from radio-poll results and additional statistics are used to structure, represent and amplify people’s voices during radio debates and used for strategic advocacy campaigns.
Job Summary: TRAC FM is attracting a new Program Manager for our Kampala office. This job will put the successful candidate in a leadership position to manage and execute new and running TRAC FM programs in Uganda. It involves managing projects with our current NGO/CSO partners, keeping good relations with our radio partners, training new radio hosts and attracting new potential partners to set up new programs. A special focus will be on our upcoming ‘Common Matters 2’ program. This 2-year program will cover a variety of thematic areas including Land rights, fair land compensation, disability rights and post-LRA transitional justice. The position of Program Manager requires you to have a wide field of interest. Not only do you have to assist our CSO/NGO partners to come up with sharp, relevant, and clear poll-questions and advocacy strategies, you will also have to maintain friendly but professional relationships with the radio stations we work with. Helping stations improve their talk-shows and making sure listeners are engaged in meaningful debates is key to a successful campaign. One of the most important aspects in the TRAC FM process is the strategic design of Advocacy Campaign Plans (ACPs). ACP’s are the blueprint for any TRAC FM advocacy campaign and cover mission statements, partnerships, key statistics of the thematic area and a lobbying strategy where collected data is effectively used to meaningfully impact the existing narrative within a certain issue. The strategy should be designed to reach the right decision makers and ultimately advance the campaign objective.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing strategic advocacy campaign designs with partner CSOs
- Keeping good, clear and strong relationships with our 20 radio partners
- Delivering and reporting on targets of running projects
- Attracting new partnerships in Uganda
- Working with local Ugandan staff (4 staff members)
- Attending events and making presentations
- Setting up program budgets and targets
- Overseeing graphic design of info-graphics and PR material
- Traveling across Uganda to give training and set up projects
- Keeping a strong online presence for the organization
- Reporting to and strategizing with HQ management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an academic degree (MA), preferably in a relevant field such as Business studies, Media studies, international relations, social sciences
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Experience/affinity with the African continent and it’s socio-political challenges.
- The position as Program Manager is versatile and requires an all-round person how can combine strategic planning, team/partner management, innovative solutions, diligent reporting, general oversight and pro-active acquisition of new programs and proposals. We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has proven experience in program management
- Experience with project planning and M&E
- Experience with report and proposal writing
- Motivator and a good communicator
- Understanding of financial management
- Can build and effectively manage a team
- Able to follow-up and request for instructions from head-office
- Is talented and fluent in both speaking and writing in English
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for opportunities to expand TRAC FM’s scope
- Has an affinity with and experience in journalism, new media, and advocacy
- Is a digital native (good ICT skills- Social media, MS office, google drive etc)
- Has an affinity with graphic design (for infographics and reports)
Finally, the Program Manager is expected to attract new partnerships, raise funds, write proposals and successfully participate in events and conferences. Good networking skills are a must. An established network in the (Ugandan) media and/or NGO sector are a plus.
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3428”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3428 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
N.B. You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Deadline: Friday, 31st August 2018