Tourism Board Recruitment 2018 for Research and M&E Officer – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Tourism Board Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tourism Board Recruitment 2018
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008. Its objectives are:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
Job Summary: The Research and M&E Officer will mainly design and implement an effective Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Organization while running the support function of research, collecting, analysing and disseminating demand-driven knowledge in tourism.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Develop and implement systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on strategic program performance indicators.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of all work plans, budgets, Management and Board of Directors decisions.
- Undertaking training of staff in basic skills, concepts and approaches in monitoring and evaluation and participatory approaches.
- Prepare and disseminate organization performance periodic reports.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational plans.
- Participates in the process of carrying out Strategic Plan and reviews and evaluations.
- Undertake research using appropriate tools with the aim of providing information and analysis on tourism-related issues
- Undertake customer satisfaction surveys, analyze complaints from visitors and communicate with partners to find solutions to the same.
- Provide information on what research is already available in tourism
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of UTB performance reports
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in statistics or Economics, Social Sciences, and development studies or its equivalent.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is a must.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and applied Research in busy private or public organization.
- Planning Skills
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Research skills
- Team building
- Leadership and supervision skills
- Training skills
- Communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills
- Statistical analysis skills.
- Writing and presentation skills
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae (functional email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, copy of valid National Identity Card and the contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below;
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB),
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass),
6th Floor, Lugogo House,
P.O. Box 7211 Kampala,
Deadline: Friday 13th July 2018 by 5:00pm
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.