Tourism Board Recruitment 2018 for Classification and Registration Officer – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Tourism Board Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Tourism Board Recruitment 2018
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008. Its objectives are:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
Job Summary: The Classification and Registration Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements by enforcing and monitoring standards through registration of all tourism enterprises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and administer an efficient and effective classification and registration Management System for the tourism sector in Uganda.
- Provide guidance in all aspects of classification and registration activities in line with the current global standards.
- Identify standards gaps in the sector and propose standards to bridge these gaps.
- Creating and implementing activities that ensure that all accommodation facilities, tour and travel companies, restaurants and tour guides comply with regulatory requirements.
- Carry out countrywide classification and registration of all accommodation facilities, tour and travel agencies, restaurants, and tour sites.
- Oversee the formal classification and grading accommodation facilities and standalone restaurants and ensure compliance with classification statutory requirements.
- Engage in proactive relationships with other government compliance and standards agencies and the private sector to facilitate the advancement of the institution’s objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the Business Administration or Tourism or Hospitality or Management from a recognized University.
- A minimum of three years of working experience in Quality Assurance, Tourism and hospitality sectors.
- Must have deep knowledge tourism and hospitality’s industry standards and regulations.
- Proven experience as a tourism and hospitality inspector
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- PC experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Power Point)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae (functional email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, copy of valid National Identity Card and the contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below;
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB),
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass),
6th Floor, Lugogo House,
P.O. Box 7211 Kampala,
Deadline: Friday 13th July 2018 by 5:00pm
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.