Raising The Village Recruitment 2018 for Project Officer (2 Job Opportunities) – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Raising The Village Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Raising The Village Recruitment 2018
Raising The Village works with hard to reach “last-mile” villages in Uganda. RTV tackles extreme poverty by eliminating immediate barriers of scarcity, nurturing income generation activities and building local credit and capacity to move communities toward economic self-sufficiency. Through a multi-faceted, community-prioritized methodology, RTV catalyzes entire villages during its 6-month implementation. Currently with 3 offices and over 30 staff in Uganda, RTV is on a growth trajectory to transform development practice in “last mile” villages. In 2017, we directly impacted over 36,000 beneficiaries across 47 villages.
Job Summary: The Project Officer works directly with partner villages from project inception to completion, and supports all aspects of the RTV Programme. Project Officers travel frequently to assigned villages to facilitate all aspects of our approach including community meetings, trainings and outreaches, Review and assess project designs, support communities in developing group goals and targets through village saving loans, support Planning and Evaluation department in data collection, implementation and follow up and general support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Development studies, Social work and Social Administration or relevant field;
- At least two years of work experience in community development programs, and a demonstrated long-term passion for community development.
- In-depth knowledge in Project management at a village level experience is an added advantage
- Experience in project implementation and community project adoption
- Experience in income generating activities especially within agriculture and livestock focus areas would also be considered an asset
- Fluent in Western local languages (Lufumbira and Ruyankole-Lukiga).
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in teams and take on leadership roles
- Able to organize and prioritize work while meeting tight deadlines
- Energetic and physically able to hike on high terrain for long durations.
- Must be willing and able to travel 80% of time
How to Apply
All qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of application and curriculum vitae including address, telephone contact and two references to: email@example.com NB: Please properly formatted PDF or Word documents are preferred. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Resumes received after the deadline will still be considered in a future round.
Deadline: 13th July 2018