International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018 for Administrative Officer – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2018
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will act as the point of contact for all staffs under the VPRO program department, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular Purchase and payment request and reports. Preparing periodic procurement plans and organizing program records. Candidate should have previous experience as an Office Administrator or similar administrative role. Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and following up on office purchases and payment requests for Protection and rule of law sector.
- Manage program/office supplies through receiving and making release orders
- Support the Managers within Protection and rule of law sector to review PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for Protection and rule of law sector.
- Act as Liaison between program, Supply chain, Finance and HR office on program requirements
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential Protection and rule law documents
- Maintain a program calendar and schedule appointments
- Book and/or schedule meeting/training venues for Protection and rule of law activities as required
- Liaise with Managers within Protection and rule of law sector to schedule in-house and external events
- Work with the Managers with Protection and rule of law sector to ensure staff submit their timesheets to Human Resource Office in time
- Support the Managers within Protection and rule of law sector to manage program staff leave database in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Ensure staff relevant information is shared with HR/Admin office in Yumbe on a regular basis.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the HR/Admin Officer on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as maybe required by the program
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee Administrative Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Administration or social sciences.
- Two years of relevant professional experience in Program administration
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with programs sector.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Flexibility and prepared to work additional hours
- Flexibility to continuously re-prioritize
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for all staff members;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and outlook);
- Prior experience as an administrator
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs, cover letters and filled application form, download here, clearly indicating “Position Title” as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 16th July 2018