Brac International Recruitment 2018 for Software Developer – Jobs in Uganda
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Brac International Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Brac International Recruitment 2018
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
About BRAC UGANDA, Health-Program:
BRAC’s health program trains, supervises and manages 4,075 community Health Promoters (CHPs) and health promoters (volunteers) focusing on provision of reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child health care (RMNCH), reducing vulnerability to communicable diseases and improving nutrition. BRAC has a nutrition pilot in its branches in the central and eastern parts of Uganda, and would like to get a highly motivated individual with training in nutrition related disciplines and community work experience to steer the pilot project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain all in house software as per the organization need.
- Collaborate with cross functional team and external service providers to define, design & incorporate new software features
- Database management and various ad-hoc report generation using SQL Queries.
- Tasked with troubleshooting and maintenance of the existing software
- End user training including preparing training manuals for users, coordination & support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the BRAC International Software Developer job placement should hold a bachelor’s degree of science in computer science & Software Engineering, information Technology or a related ﬁeld
- Four to five years of experience in Web & Android Application Development in Java, C#, XML & NET frame work
- Extensive knowledge in MSSQL, SQLITE, MySQL and expertise in end user training
- Candidate should have analytical & commercial experience with an eye for detail in identifying problem and being able to solve them.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team as well as be ﬂexible to work in remote locations & travel long distances.
How to Apply
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs (in one Word document) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. NB. Only Soft Copy Applications will be considered and all applications should be addressed to:
The Manager, HR & Training,
P.O. BOX 31817, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 11th July 2018