This is to inform you that the Stanford University/LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Stanford University/LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Fellowship focuses on planetary health, defined as “the health of human civilization and the state of the natural systems on which it depends,” as an area in urgent need of investigation.
The impact of multiple pressures on the earth’s systems on human health are not yet fully understood, particularly in lower-income regions of the world. This program seeks to foster the professional development of a new generation of planetary health researchers and ambassadors committed to protecting health on a changing planet – and developing solutions for a healthier future.
Stanford University and LSHTM have designed this unique two-year Planetary Health Fellowship to give postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to learn from two different diverse training programs and pursue ground-breaking research on planetary health.
Two Fellows will be selected for the 2022 cohort which has a target start date of Fall 2022. One fellow will be based at Stanford University, and one at LSHTM. The LSHTM Fellow must be a national from sub-Saharan Africa. The LSHTM Fellow will be based at either the MRC Unit in the Gambia or the MRC Unit in Uganda, and will be expected to move to either location, if not already based there.
Both Fellows will work closely with the research communities at Stanford University and LSHTM, interacting with core Faculty, working on research papers, and planning research activities. They will be expected to spend time in the field conducting research. Fellows will identify research projects and will work with world-class Planetary Health Faculty, from a broad range of disciplines including global health, health systems, epidemiology, health policy, environmental science, environmental policy, disease ecology, and more.
- Fellows will receive a postdoctoral salary, full benefits, and modest travel and fieldwork budgets. To supplement the research funding available, Fellows are invited to transfer existing awarded funding. Fellows will be encouraged to apply for additional research funding during their Fellowship.
- Open to early-career researchers who have successfully completed their doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated interest and prior research output at the intersections of health and environment is a prerequisite.
- Instruction and support will be provided in English, and high-level proficiency in the English language is a requirement of the Fellowship.
Application for Stanford University/LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship
What follows is how to apply for the Stanford University/LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 Application:
The application process will be managed through an online portal and will have two stages.
- Interested applicants are invited to submit a CV and a personal statement (maximum 1 page) outlining reasons for applying and primary research interests.
- Applications at Stage 1 will be screened by a committee at Stanford and LSHTM. A shortlist of applicants will be invited to submit full applications in Stage 2.
Stage 2 Shortlisted applicants must submit:
- A statement outlining research to-date, career goals, and how this Fellowship will support career progression (maximum 1 page)
- An outline of a proposed research project to be conducted during the Fellowship (maximum 1 page)
- A 5-minute video introducing yourself and describing plans for the Fellowship
- Preference for being based at Stanford or LSHTM
- List of two Faculty at Stanford and two Faculty at LSHTM that you’d like to work with.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from previous academic supervisors.
- If still a PhD candidate, a letter from the current PhD Supervisor assuring the Selection Committee that the candidate will be awarded their PhD no later than September 1, 2022.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Stanford University/LSHTM Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on January 31, 2022
Share this post with your Friends: