This is to inform that that the Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships Journalists in Chicago 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships Journalists in Chicago. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships, a collaboration with the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, aims to promote international reporting by Chicago and Midwestern journalists.
The fellowships are made possible by a grant from The Clinton Family Fund to honor Richard C. Longworth, a former Chicago Tribune foreign correspondent and now Distinguished Fellow at the Chicago Council. Two fellowships will be awarded each year for the next two years to journalists focusing on global issues that affect Chicago and Midwestern readers and viewers.
- Selected fellow will receive $10,000.
- Open to print, broadcast and online journalists based in Chicago or elsewhere in the Midwest.
- Staff journalists as well as free-lancers are eligible to apply.
- Field reporting should be from international locations and topics must be timely and of clear interest and importance to Chicago and Midwestern audiences.
Application for Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships Journalists in Chicago
What follows is how to apply for the Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships Journalists in Chicago 2022 Application:
Applications must include the following:
- A description of the proposed project and timeline in no more than 250 words.
- A preliminary budget estimate, including a basic breakdown of costs for travel, ground transportation, lodging, meals, visas and local reporting partner/translator fees.
- Distribution plan.
- Three samples of published work, either print or broadcast.
- Three professional references. These can be either contact information, or letters of recommendation. The latter is encouraged when letters from interested producers or editors are available.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Applications may also include a more detailed description of project, but this will be considered as optional supplement only. The most important part of the submission is the 250-word summary.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Richard C. Longworth Media Fellowships Journalists in Chicago Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on May 10, 2021
Share this post with your Friends: