Rhodes Scholarships 2022 for International Students Online Application Latest Update. Applications are invited from interested and eligible applicants for the 2022 Rhodes Scholarship Programme.
This article covers the Rhodes Scholarship 2022 Overview, Online application portal, application form, how to apply, qualifications, eligibility and requirements, closing date, and more.
- Scholarship Provider: Rhodes
- Host Institution(s): Oxford University in UK
- Study in: UK
- Study level: Masters/PhD Degree
- Nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
Description of Rhodes Scholarship 2022
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford. Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
Oxford University in UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Subject to limited restrictions, Rhodes Scholars may study any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Number of Scholarships:
A class of 95 Scholars is selected each year
Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Commonwealth Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent, Trindad and Tobago, and, the Turks and Caicos Islands), East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi), Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, United States (50 states of the US, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo), Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
For students who are not under existing Rhodes constituencies, you can apply to Global Rhodes Scholarships.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, a living stipend (£17,310 per annum 2021-22); settling in allowance, health insurance, visa, two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
To qualify for the scholarship, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for the Rhodes Scholarship 2022.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
• Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
• Age: On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2004)
OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first degree on or after 1 July 2021*
• Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
Please see the country-specific eligibility requirements at this link.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2022 for International Students
Applications open on 1 June or 1 July 2022.
All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships in the country-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country. Deadline varies per country but is around July-October 2022.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Rhodes Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on date to be announced.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.
Share this post with your Friends: