Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2018… Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2018
The Pan African Awards is offering numerous awards to individuals and organisations who use education to inspire entrepreneurship in Africa.
- Award Provider: The Saville Foundation, The Pan African Awards
- Type: Contest
- Number of Awardees: Three (3)
- Offered annually? Yes
- Duration of Award: Not stated
- Value of Award: see the full details below.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of the), Congo-Brazzaville (also known as Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire (commonly known as Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Programme Description: The Pan African Awards reward the very best projects which are using enterprise and entrepreneurship to innovate in the field of education. The awards are generously supported by The Saville Foundation, a charitable foundation based in South Africa. Teach A Man To Fish manage the awards using their expertise in enterprise education and highlight inspirational models and projects through their large network of educational organisations and schools.
Participants must follow these guidelines:
- Is your education or training project based in Africa?
- Does your organisation actively demonstrate the success of their entrepreneurial approach to education? See above for our meaning of ‘entrepreneurship in education’.
- Is your education project innovative and inspiring?
- Does your organisation have a large network of young people?
- Can you show that your project has had a positive impact on young people and your community?
Eligibility: The main criteria for becoming successful are:
- They’re entrepreneurial- they have innovative ways of tackling problems in education, they their own income, or they empower future generations of entrepreneurs.
- They’re sustainable- they are financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in the future and that look beyond donations and subsidies as their primary source of income.
- They create Impact- they achieve measurable results in terms of educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community.
Value of Award:
- First prize of $15,000, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $5,000.
- Alongside winners will also benefit from enhanced visibility and enhanced sponsorship and donor opportunities.
- In addition, applicants that reach the shortlist stage will be invited to apply for the Future Partner Prize. For this prize, organisations are required to submit ideas on how they could partner with Teach A Man To Fish to take the School Enterprise Challenge programme to a wider audience. Winners will receive a cash prize and will work further with Teach A Man To Fish to become a future partner.
- For exceptionally high performing organizations, it is possible to win both a top prize and the partner prize.
- All winners will also win a fully funded spot for one delegate at the annual Education That Pays conference.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Applications are now open. To get your application ready:
- Read about the competition, eligibility criteria and application tips in the Application Guide (Link below).
- Review the Terms and Conditions (Link below)
- Download the Offline Form to see the questions on the application and prepare your answers
- Submit your application
Application Deadline: 14th August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2018 for more information.