This is to publicize that the Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research Fellowships 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research Fellowships. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research has openings for a total of 10 international fellows for the academic year 2022/2023, starting in October 2022.
The topic Cultures of Research is positioned where the fields of philosophy, sociology and history interface with natural science and technology. The overall focus of the Center’s work is on transformations of science and technology towards complexity, life-likeness and emergence. They are particularly interested in digitalization of research (simulation, artificial intelligence, machine learning) for studying complex systems (e.g. climate change, energy revolution, biologization, sustainability), in participatory arrangements between science and society and in investigating histories and varieties of cultures of research.
- Fellows will join the international center for a maximum period of 12 months. The fellowships provide a full grant commensurate with applicants’ level of professional experience, working space in fully-equipped offices, logistical support, and access to the interdisciplinary research landscape and research labs at RWTH Aachen University.
- Fellows who take unpaid leave during their fellowship will receive financial compensation in the form of a stipend; alternatively, the center would pay for a teaching replacement at the fellow’s home institution.
- In order to create a stimulating intellectual environment among the resident research community, fellows are expected to routinely conduct much of their work from Aachen during their fellowship. Residency in Aachen is required and the center can support fellows in the search for accommodation.
- Applicants are expected to come from the humanities, social sciences and STS as well as from natural, life and technical sciences.
- Scholars can apply for either junior or senior fellowships. For junior fellows a successfully completed PhD is an eligibility requirement; for senior fellowships a professorship (associate, full professorship) or comparable position is expected.
- Female researchers and scholars from the Global South are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application for Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research Fellowships
What follows is how to apply for the Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research Fellowships 2022 Application:
Applications (in English) should include a cover/motivational letter (1 page), CV (tabular, max. 2 pages), a project outline incl. intended goals/outcome of the project (max. 1300 words), and a list of publications. Also submit a writing sample (journal article or book-chapter).
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Käte Hamburger Kolleg Aachen Cultures of Research Fellowships Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on December 31, 2021
Share this post with your Friends: