This is to inform you that the IDB Call for Proposals for Urban Challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 IDB Call for Proposals for Urban Challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The initiative will support challenges that can be solved through experimentation processes, such as prototype schemes, pilots, iterative models of solutions, among others, to design innovative, replicable, and scalable solutions. Cities from the IDB’s 26 borrowing member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean are eligible to participate, specifically, entities that promote urban innovation as part of or in partnership with city governments.
The call focuses on identifying problems in the following areas:
- Poor access to financing and quality housing solutions;
- Inadequate access to basic services;
- The socio-spatial disconnection of informal neighborhoods from formal ones;
- Limited or no access to information and communication technologies;
- Vulnerability and resilience to climate change and natural disasters; and
- Limited formal employment opportunities.
- Six semi-finalist teams will be selected to participate in a mentoring process to improve the definition of the challenge, which will be presented at a pitch day.
- From these, three teams will be selected to receive technical assistance from the IDB, up to $35,000, to work on an iterative process of experimentation consisting of the co-design, implementation, and evaluation of a prototype or pilot project that will contribute to solving the posed challenge.
Cities from the 26 IDB borrowing member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, specifically entities that promote urban innovation, as part of or in partnership with city governments, may participate. For example:
- An urban innovation lab or an innovation office / unit that is part of a city government.
- A national, regional or local innovation agency or laboratory that is associated with one or more city governments.
- A university or civil society group, working on innovation in cities, that is associated with one or more city governments.
Application for IDB Call for Proposals for Urban Challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean
What follows is how to apply for the IDB Call for Proposals for Urban Challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean 2022 Application:
The applicant entity must complete the online application, taking into account the following points:
- Complete the application form and submit it through the online platform within the specified deadline. The deadline is February 6, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EST).
- In the application form, applicant entities must attach the supporting documentation detailed in the requirements section: letter of endorsement from a city government authority (use Form A), and the applicant entity’s innovation-related experience form (use Form B).
Deadline – Last day to Apply
IDB Call for Proposals for Urban Challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on February 6, 2022
Share this post with your Friends: