Humboldt Institute Internet and Society Fellowship Programme 2019 – Germany…Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Humboldt Institute Internet and Society Fellowship Programme 2019 – Germany… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Humboldt Institute Internet and Society Fellowship Programme 2019 – Germany
In 2019, the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow scholars!
- Type: Fellowship
- Eligible Countries: International
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Award Providers: Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG)
- Duration of Program: minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months within the year 2019.
- To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Programme Description: The international HIIG Fellowship “Internet and Society” now invites applications from early and advanced researchers with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences, who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s transdisciplinary internet research.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay. We invite fellows to collaborate with an international team of researchers and to participate in the activities at our institute. We offer a number of opportunities to share and discuss ideas. This includes:
- writing and publishing papers in one of our open access publications
- commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG blog posts
- holding presentations in one of the lunch talks
- organising expert workshops with your peers
- engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
Field of Study: For the 2019 class of fellows, applicants who want to pursue topics that fall within one of the following research programmes will be considered. Please read the information on each of the linked websites closely, and position yourself and/or your project within the programme that best suits you.
- The evolving digital society: concepts, discourses, structures
- Data, actors, infrastructures: The Governance of data-driven innovation and cyber security
- Learning, knowledge, innovation: The change in knowledge production, organisation and transfer through digital innovation
Eligibility: We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds and professional experiences who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s transdisciplinary internet research. We particularly encourage early stage researchers to apply.
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
Value of Award: The HIIG offers accepted fellows a waiver for all mandatory fees. Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, fellows are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. They must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
Application Form – How to Apply:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including a) your project and how it responds to one of the key areas, b) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the online application form (in link below). Please review the information carefully before applying.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2018
For More Information: