Latest Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2022 Application Form Portal Update. Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified applicants to fill the vacant positions at Newmont Mining Corporation.
This page covers the Newmont Mining Corporation Job Vacancies 2022 overview, positions, how to apply, application form, requirements, recruitment portal, shortlisted candidates, closing date, and more.
Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2022 Overview
Recruiter: Newmont Mining Corporation
Application Mode: Online Application Form
Salary: Salary packages will be in accordance with remuneration policies.
To be selected for the job, you need to possess all the required qualifications and meet all requirements before applying for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2022.
Newmont Mining Corporation is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Driller
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to conduct daily operation of drills, monitor associated consumables to drill in an in-situ rock mass or boulders and prepare them sufficiently for blasting, in a safe and controlled manner?
In This Role You Will:
Drilling Pre-Shifting and On-Shift Activities
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Drill Supervisor and follow the specified instruction and daily drill plan, prior to the execution of activities.
- Perform pre-start inspections of drilling machine.
- Conduct pre-operational checks and monitor conditions by verifying component functionality, fluid levels and fittings, as well as depth and alignment of collaring positions.
- Constantly monitor equipment performance and consumable parameters to achieve planned life span or better.
- Maneuver and position drill by using jigsaw system, site plans and layouts and set correct angles and depths.
- Start and stop drills and coordinate with other workers on-site.
- Utilize the pre-split drill (Cubex) to accomplish the following activities:
- Understand the drill plans.
- Drill using high precision GPS (Jigsaw).
- Utilize inclinometers to set angles correctly.
- Maintain strict wall control by drilling closely spaced drilling patterns, according to specific parameters.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy to minimize detrimental cost impacts.
- Feed Dispatch accurate information regarding drilling activities.
- Report issues encountered with the inclinometer.
- Utilize the production drill (D45KS) to accomplish the following activities:
- Understand the drill plans.
- Drill using high precision GPS.
- Collar drill holes to clear the mouth of holes from any debris.
- Conduct drilling to the required depth.
- Track planned versus targeted depth.
- Correct any deviations encountered.
- Report issues encountered with GPS to the Dispatcher.
- Manage drill consumables efficiently to prolong its life.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy to minimize detrimental cost impacts.
- Regulate air pressure, rotary speed and downward pressure, according to the type of rock being drilled.
- Conduct drill consumable change-outs, when required.
- Inspect, lubricate and replace components to maintain drill functionality.
- Meet all drill production targets, while avoiding unnecessary damage to the drill.
- Maintain high quality of work, under routine supervision.
- Conduct post-drill clean ups of the drill area.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring in the shift immediately to the Dispatcher/Supervisor.
- Meet and/or exceed established performance expectations in drill meter targets set by management.
- Supervise the activities of the Drill Helper to assure that all rocks are moved; adhere to consumable management protocols and report loss of consumables to the Drill Supervisor.
- Assist in developing peers to perform drilling duties.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Supervisor.
Drill Post-Shift Handover
- Communicate and provide work status handovers to incoming Driller.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher and Supervisor regarding hazards encountered to provide sufficient information to the incoming Driller for the smooth running of Operations.
- Prepare and maintain daily drill report and logbook to outline shift activities and include information such as:
- Meters drilled.
- Consumable serial numbers.
- Equipment defects.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Liaise with the Drill Supervisor to maintain ongoing communication during all drilling activity.
- Collaborate closely with maintenance mechanics and the mine production team.
- Communicate with Dispatcher and other Drillers using communication devices such as two-way radios.
- Ensure own drilling work meets established statutory standards.
Health and Safety Management
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and legislation.
- Operate in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and / or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Inspect work areas and ensure all areas comply with internal Newmont and external regulatory standards.
- Adhere strictly to internal Newmont drilling standards.
- Comply with safe drilling procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus of safety throughout all activities.
- Provide hands-on assistance during drilling activities to fellow colleagues to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Requires a Senior High School Certificate.
- MINCOM Equipment Competency.
- License E (drill).
- Strong understanding of drill tool mechanical systems.
- General understanding of mining operations.
- General understanding of equipment controls and electronics.
- General knowledge in mid-to-heavy equipment operation.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ drilling and d off-siding experience in a large open pit or quarry environment.
- Sound technical communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound concentration skills.
- Sound time management skills.
- Sound risk management skills.
- Sound troubleshooting skills.
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound information monitoring skills.
- Ability to communicate using signals.
- Ability to follow procedures (especially around hazardous materials and equipment).
- Ability to operate a two-way radio and follow instructions.
- Ability to visualize three-dimensional (2D / 3D) layouts.
- Results driven.
- Detail oriented
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: while performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk, climb stairs, walk and stand for periods of time.
- Work Environment: occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperatures hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
How to Apply for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
The Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Closing Date is March 15, 2022 - Ends in: -54 days
Shortlisted Applicant Update
After submitting your application, the next phase is to wait to be shortlisted or contacted by the recruiter. Depending on the recruiter, you may be contacted via phone, SMS, Email, and other means you provided in your application.
The next employment phase will be communicated to you when contacted by the recruiter.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.
Share this post with your Friends: