This is to inform you that the Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship for Biographers worldwide 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship for Biographers worldwide. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Fellowship awards $2,000 to an author working on a biographical work about an African American figure or figures whose story provides a significant contribution to the understanding of the Black experience.
This fellowship also provides the recipient with a year’s membership in Biographers International Organization (BIO), registration to the annual BIO Conference, and publicity through BIO’s marketing channels.
The Rollin Fellowship aims to remediate the disproportionate scarcity and even suppression of Black lives and voices in the broad catalog of published biography. This fellowship reflects not only BIO’s commitment to supporting working biographers but to encouraging diversity in the field.
- A $2,000 is awarded for an exceptional biography-in-progress about an African American subject.
- Open to all biographers anywhere in the world who are writing in English, who are working on a biography of an African American figure (or figures), and who are at any stage in the writing of a book-length biography.
- A publishing contract is not required for eligibility.
- Biography as defined for this prize is a narrative of an individual’s life or the story of a group of lives. Innovative ways of treating a life (or lives) will be considered at the committee’s discretion. Memoirs are not eligible.
Application for Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship for Biographers worldwide
What follows is how to apply for the Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship for Biographers worldwide 2022 Application:
Upload the following submission materials in a single document:
- Project description (500 words or less): provide a synopsis of the biography and explain how this biographical work fits into the mission of the Rollin Fellowship.
- Statement of need (500 words or less): describe where you are in the process of writing and how you and your work would benefit from the Rollin Fellowship; if your work is not yet under contract, please include your plans for publication.
- Author bio (500 words or less).
- Excerpt from your manuscript (no more than 20 pages).
Your document should be double-spaced, with 12-point type and standard margins. The document must be a PDF.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Frances “Frank” Rollin Fellowship for Biographers worldwide Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on March 1, 2022
Share this post with your Friends: