Emerging African Innovation Leaders Programme for Young African Leaders 2018 – (Fully-funded to Torino, Italy)… Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Emerging African Innovation Leaders Programme for Young African Leaders 2018 – (Fully-funded to Torino, Italy)… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Emerging African Innovation Leaders Programme 2018 – (Fully-funded to Torino, Italy)
The African Innovation Brokers learning activity is part of the Emerging African Innovation Leaders Program and addresses a group of African innovation leaders who are expected to spur the transition to the Next Production Revolution (NPR) in their countries.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Award Providers: The project is sponsored by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation AICS.
- To Be Taken At (Country): Italy
- Type: Training
About the Award: The Italian G7 Presidency during the Summit in Taormina launched a fully dedicated Outreach Session on Africa continent. Particular attention was given to the potential of innovation and the role of human capital
in boosting sustainable and inclusive growth in the continent. In this framework, the G7 Italian Presidency announced the introduction of an “Emerging African Innovation Leaders G7 Exchange and Empowermentram”.
Training may cover several topics ranging from digitalization to sustainable energy solutions and smart mobility. Special attention will be given to hands-on project activities and project works that enable the participants to implement the theories they gain and foster team and interdisciplinary cooperation between people from different backgrounds. Exposure event will create contact between the African Leaders and the Italian and European ecosystem of innovators
Eligibility: The candidate profile of the Emerging Innovation Leaders should have:
- personal experiences and motivation on Innovation
- academical background in scientific or business field
- willing to extend knowledge about the NPR
- motivated to engage in team work
- leadership attitude
- excellent communications skills
- capacity to understand English effectively
- priority selection will be given to national citizens of Tunisia, Niger, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia and Mozambique
Value of Award: Scholarship for covering the costs of the in-presence activities (fees, travels, accommodation and food) is provided by the Emerging African Innovation Leaders project.
Duration of Programme: 12 months.
- In-presence training and exposure: September 26th– October 26th
- Project work | Online workgroup: October – December 2018
- Project work | In-presence training (2 weeks): December 2018 (indicative period)
- Training of National Innovation Leaders: Spring 2019 (indicative period)
- Online training (MOOCs) November 2018 – September 2019 (indicative period)
Application Form – How to Apply:
An early bird deadline for application will be on the 20th of July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET) with priority selection. A final deadline for application will be on the 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET). Kindly prepare your necessary documents (refer to Terms of Reference) and, kindly send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants are invited to send the application with the requested information as soon as possible.
Application Deadline: 20th July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET).
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Emerging African Innovation Leaders Programme for Young African Leaders 2018 – (Fully-funded to Torino, Italy) for more information.