Climate Tracker Fellowship for Young Citizen Journalists (Fully-funded to COP24 in Poland) 2018… Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Climate Tracker Fellowship for Young Citizen Journalists (Fully-funded to COP24 in Poland) 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Climate Tracker Fellowship for Young Citizen Journalists (Fully-funded to COP24 in Poland) 2018
Are you ready to fight fossil fuels? Climate Tracker is launching its COP24 opportunity, and it is stacked with opportunities and prizes for Trackers from everywhere in the world!
- Duration of Program: 2 weeks in December 2018
- Award Providers: Climate Trackers
- To Be Taken At (Country): Katowice, Poland
- Type: Fellowship
- Number of Awards: 5
- We do have one special set of Countries, and we will DEFINITELY SELECT at least ONE PERSON from the following Countries:
- Indonesia | The Philippines | India | Ethiopia | Nigeria | Egypt | Bangladesh | Peru | Pakistan | Turkey
- 4 other spots are available for anyone in the world (except Arab region, from Latinoamerica or Central Europe)
Programme Description: Win a fully funded fellowship to the climate negotiations in Poland
The global community agreed in Paris to limit climate change in a way that protects people and the planet. Three years later, we still see countries giving large sums of money to fossil fuels, or planning to expand new coal and gas projects.
But we don’t have time to wait, the latest science tells us that we need rapid and far-reaching changes to a more sustainable future if we want to avoid the worst effects of climate change.
It is time to pressure our governments to stop developing new fossil fuel projects, and stop funding them, transitioning to a renewable energy and more fair economy.
- Young writers from around the world (like yourself) are invited to write inspiring stories and to publish them in media.
- Whether you are a first time writer or a seasoned journalist, this app, is your chance to join this movement.
Do you want to participate? Follow these steps:
Between the 23rd of July and the 31st of August you have to write at least 2 articles about the 2 topics we are giving you.
- 1st topic (23rd July – 10th August): Stop new fossil fuel projects! Write about a fossil fuel project your Government is planning to implement, why they should stop it
- 2nd topic (13th August -31st August): Fund the transition! Write on how your government should stop subsidising/giving money to fossil fuel projects, and transition to a renewable energy model
Then you have to publish the articles in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc. Once your article is published, you have to submit the link to us through our Climate Tracker app (here: app.climatetracker.org). You may be asked to submit an extra article to finalise the selection process if it is too difficult to make a decision!
Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. To help you write about these issues, we will prepare information toolkits, webinars with experts and give you help and feedback on how to pitch to editors, get an article published or learn more about climate in your region. To be up to date with the details of the program, check the app regularly, and contact us whenever you need!
Value of Award: Fully-funded. We will be covering your flight, accommodation, entry into the COP and guidance by the Climate Tracker team. Other prices to win include online writing fellowships, for which you receive a stipend and personal guidance from Climate Tracker to write about climate change issues in your region.
Application Form – How to Apply:
The best writers will be chosen among the applicants by analysing their outreach and writing skills. You can check the rating system for articles here. Writers with the best general score make a chance to one of 5 fully funded fellowships to join us at COP24 in Katowice, Poland, in December.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Climate Tracker Fellowship for Young Citizen Journalists (Fully-funded to COP24 in Poland) 2018 for more information.