Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) Youth in Landscapes Network Internship Programme (Funded to Bonn, Germany) 2018… Below has the program’s application form, requirements, eligibility, deadline and other details.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) Youth in Landscapes Network Internship Programme (Funded to Bonn, Germany) 2018… Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) 2018
CIFOR is looking for Youth in Landscapes Network Intern
- Type: Internshiip
- Duration of Programme: 6 months.
- To Be Taken At (Country):The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
- Award Providers: CIFOR
- Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance in accordance with the Project Document or as agreed with the Sponsor. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
Programme Description: The Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) is a partnership for young landscape leaders currently coordinated by the Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), the International Forestry Students Association (IFSA) and the Global AgroEcology Alliance (GAEA). YIL exists to unite and empower youth (aged 18–35 years) from diverse backgrounds around the world to have a voice, learn and effect positive change in their landscapes and livelihoods. YIL accomplishes this through a focus on leadership training, capacity building, community building, mentorship and fostering intergenerational dialogue.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
Duties and responsibilities: The primary objective of the Youth in Landscapes Network Intern is to facilitate the growth of the network through community building, promotion and ensuring that programs serve the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth Coordinator.
- Coordinate regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and GLF Youth Coordinator.
- Assist in creating and delivering youth programs at GLF events, primarily the 2-day training at GLF Nairobi.
- Maintain all Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website.
- Assist in knowledge management and regularly update activities and information of YIL partner organizations International Forestry Students’ Association, Young Professionals for Agricultural Development, IFSA, YPARD, GAEA, and others (IAAS, EGEA, GYBN, CSAYN, etc.).
- Lead outreach to associate partners and youth organizations.
- Facilitate engagement and network building on social media (YIL FB groups).
- Craft communications material and regularly promote new opportunities.
- Undertake other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they arise.
- Promote and assist in coordinating youth activities at GLF Nairobi and GLF Bonn, and help with related GLF activities.
- In collaboration with GLF staff, pitch and generate ideas for furthering youth engagement.
- Moderate social media platforms and newsletter, and maintain website.
Education, knowledge, and experience
- a minimum of three years of BSc completed in international development, natural science, communication or related fields; recent graduates preferred
- excellent English writing skills
- experienced with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development or event-management
- experienced with WordPress and social media
- experienced and/or comfortable with remote work.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- effective time management capabilities
- strong organizational and communication skills.
Application Form – How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
For More Information:
Click Here to the Official Webpage of Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) Youth in Landscapes Network Internship Programme (Funded to Bonn, Germany) 2018 for more information.