This is to inform you that the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Georg Forster Research Fellowship supports postdoctoral and experienced researchers with their research in Germany.
Through the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation sponsors researchers with above-average qualifications and from all fields. These researches must come from developing and transition countries – excluding PR China and India. As a fellow, you will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and their diverse sponsorship portfolio.
- The Georg Forster Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount is €2,670. Fellowships may last from 6 to 24 months.
- The Georg Forster Research Fellowship for experienced researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount is €3,170. Fellowships may last from 6 to 18 months and can be divided into up to three stays within three years.
- In addition to the fellowship amount, you will also receive personal support throughout your sponsorship. You are flexible in determining when you would like to start your fellowship.
- Further financial support, including family benefits for children and marital partners, subsidies for private full health insurance and allowances for travel expenses, is also available.
- You must be a citizen of a developing or transition country – excluding PR China and India;
- You must have lived and worked in a developing or transition country for at least 12 months within the last 18 months (excluding PR China and India). If you are not living in a country from the list of countries at the time of application, you must additionally have at least a permanent job in one of the countries on the list.
- If you obtained your university entrance qualification and university degree or your university degree and your doctorate in Germany, you can apply if you have lived and worked in one of the developing or transition countries from the list for at least five years and you intend to do so long-term.
- For your application to be successful, you may not have lived in Germany for longer than a total of six months within the 18-month period prior to submitting your application.
- Language Skills:
- Natural sciences and engineering: You must have a good knowledge of German or English.
- Humanities, social sciences and medicine: You must have a good knowledge of German if this is necessary for conducting your research successfully. Otherwise, good knowledge of English will suffice.
Application for Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers
What follows is how to apply for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers 2022 Application:
If you would like to apply for the Georg Forster Research Fellowship, please submit the necessary documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
You may only submit your application once you have uploaded the following documents to the application form:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max)
- Research outline (five pages max)
- Complete list of your publications
- List of key publications
- Key publications
- Doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- German language certificate, if required
- If required: acceptance form and/or publisher’s acknowledgement of receipt and summaries/translations of key publications that are not available in English
- In addition: host’s statement and confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as two expert reviews. Please note that these documents can only be uploaded in a protected area by the host(s) and expert reviewers personally. You can only submit your application once these documents have been uploaded. Further information and explanations can be found on the application form.
As soon as they have received your online application, they will send you written confirmation by email. After reviewing your documents, they will notify you of the expected selection date.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Fellowship for Researchers Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on June 30, 2021
Share this post with your Friends: