The University of Nigeria, Nsukka Vacancy for PTDF Professorial Chair in Petroleum Geology, Application Details
University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the position below tenable in the Department of Geology, Faculty of Physical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka:
Job Title: Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Professorial Chair in Petroleum Geology
Advert Ref: UNP/SSR.37
Qualifications and Experience
A candidate for this position must be an acclaimed Professor of Geology carrying out frontline research in the following general areas:
- Petroleum Systems Analysis of Nigeria’s Inland Sedimentary Basins (Dahomey, Anambra, Benue, Borno Basins),
- Evaluation of Contribution of Cretaceous Source Rocks to Niger Delta Basin Petroleum;
- Shale gas and other unconventional petroleum resources of Nigeria’s sedimentary basins.
- Reservoir Characterization of Niger Delta Fields and Rocks Property Models, Onshore to Deep Water.
In addition, the holder of the Professorial Chair should have:
- Demonstrated evidence of extensive experience of successful practice of teaching and research as adjudged by the profile of his/her curriculum vitae and references from not less than three recognized referees;
- The capacity to foster linkages with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice in Geology;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Petroleum Geoscience;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellent implicit in the position;
- Ability to adopt a team approach in research with other persons in the Department/Faculty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- As approved by the PTDF, the appointment will be for three years and is renewable for another period of two years subject to adjudged performance.
- The Chair Occupant will be required to give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results, and organize major seminar/lectures/symposia.
- The Chair Occupant will enjoy a competitive salary which is equivalent of a professorial rank in Nigerian University and a top up, plus other attractive enhancement/incentives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience (teaching, research and publications) to:
The University of Nigeria,
Note: Candidates are also advised to request their referees to forward confidential report on them to the Registrar.
Application Deadline 2nd January 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding The University of Nigeria, Nsukka Vacancy for PTDF Professorial Chair in Petroleum Geology, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.