Somotex Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2018 Somotex Nigeria Limited Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Somotex Nigeria Limited Recruitment
Somotex Nigeria Limited – Our client, Montana Industries Nigeria Limited, is a well-managed chemicals distribution company and a major player in the procurement, distribution and marketing of construction chemicals. We need suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Branch Accountant
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales order form shall be duly approved by the Branch Manager/other designated person which shall be the source for making invoice in Orion.
- The order form shall state the follows in a diligent manner:
- Customer name
- Customer full address with phone no
- Customer code no
- Item name as per Orion
- Value per unit and total
- Discounts if any applicable
- Remarks – Credit limits etc
- The duly signed order form shall be fed into Orion in the invoice module and approved by the Branch Manager/Accountant in Orion and the hard copy is generated and signed for delivery from the warehouse.
- The acknowledged copies of the invoice shall be received from the customer as confirmation of delivery. The acknowledged invoice shall reflect the following:
- Name of the person receiving the goods
- Stamp and date
- Acknowledged copies shall be filed separately by Accounts for follow up for payments/future reference
- Note: Sales returns/credit notes acknowledgements shall be mandatory in respect of all the customers.
- Goods shall be delivered from the warehouse based on the invoice along with the gate pass which has to be serially numbered. The same shall be verified by the Accountant on a daily basis with the bin card
Manual invoicing shall be resorted to in the following instances:
- Orion Connectivity is not available for a reasonable time.
- Invoice is not possible due to ERP related technical issues.
- Sales return process:
- It shall happen only with the approval of the Head office to take the goods back from the customer.
- With the approval from the B.M (with the H.O mail), Accountant shall make the Sales return in Orion after the physical receipt of goods into Warehouse supported by GRN.
- When Branch Manager is on travel and invoice can’t be processed in Orion,
- Manual invoice books shall be serially numbered and used accordingly (not in haphazard manner). Strictly serial number wise has to be adhered too.
- The same has to be punched in Orion on a daily basis with due reference to the manual serial no in Annotation column.
- Cheques/Tellers received from the customers has to be recorded in a register on a daily basis reflecting the date, customer name, chq no, amount, date of the chq, bank which it is drawn and the sales executive name.
- Photocopy of the cheques received shall be maintained in a file (preferably three chqs in one A 4 Sheet)
- Cheques shall be deposited in the designated collection account of the branch and duly stamped tellers shall be filed in a chronological manner
- Receipt is made in Orion against the cheques the same day with the orion reference no in the tellers.
- Bank statements shall be reviewed on a daily basis through internet/hard copy from the bank (which is preferable) and validated with the receipts made in orion.
- Cheque bounced entries shall be passed in Orion upon receipt of instrument from the bank and a photocopy has to be maintained for passing the entry with the orion reference no in it.
- Sweep out as per the bank statements into H.O account has to be given effect in Orion too in the similar manner.
- Bank reconciliation statement has to be prepared fortnightly .
- Cheque returned as per the statement shall be passed on to the concerned Sales Executive and the Branch Manager as and when it happens.
- Vouchers need to be prepared based on the payments duly authorized by the Branch Manager and filed accordingly in a chronological manner.
- Cash register/Petty cash register to be maintained.
- Cash register shall show all the receipts and payments including all the lodgements into the bank.
- Vouchers shall be sent to H.O by the end of the month so that it shall reach H.O by 2nd of the following month.
- Customer account reconciliation shall happen on a periodical manner by obtaining the statements from the customers and compare with our books.
- In a quarter, all the customers shall be covered and it shall go on a continuous basis I,e customer balances are confirmed once in a quarter.
- Accountant shall communicate through email with Manager – Credit control on a frequent manner about the status affairs.
MIS on a Monthly Basis:
- Manual invoice copies/books shall be sent to H.O by last day of the month
- Bin card copies
- Customer balance confirmation/statements copies
- Vat/payee return originals and the receipts
- Disputed parties list with remarks
- Preprinted stationery requirement for the branch shall be routed through the accountant to H.O
- Tellers deposits original
- Gate pass
- Bank reconciliation statements
- Minimum an OND qualification
- Applicants must be smart, honest and hardworking
- Applicants must reside in Kano
- Minimum of 2-3 years Work Experience
- Applicants mush know how to speak Hausa & English fluently
N40,000 – N50,000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Somotex Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2018, Requirements and Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.