Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia Recruitment for a Manager, Malaria Diagnostics Laboratory
The Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia (MRCG) is one of two research units established in sub- Saharan Africa by the Medical Research Council UK and is the MRC’s single largest investment in medical research in a low and middle income country. MRCG represents a unique concentration of scientific expertise and high quality research platforms in the West African region.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Malaria Diagnostics Laboratory
Location: The Gambia
- An interesting opportunity is available for a post-doctoral Scientist to head the Malaria Diagnostics Laboratory at MRCG Fajara.
- The post-holder will manage the Malaria laboratory, supporting both the externally funded projects operating through the platform as well as conducting research on method development and optimisation to ensure that the platform exploits novel technologies to strengthen its research portfolio.
- Ph.D in Biological or Biomedical Science.
- Significant experience of conducting Molecular Parasitology research.
- Excellent communication skills including scientific discussion and writing evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct demanding laboratory work in a productive and disciplined manner.
- Good budgetary and cost management skills.
- At least 3 years experience in Research Management.
- Ability to simultaneously manage different streams of laboratory investigations and to effectively co-supervise a team ensuring timely delivery of output to platform users.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a diverse team.
- Experience with computer-based analyses and presentation of experimental data.
- Willingness to work outside working hours.
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 and/or good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP).
- An attractive salary will be paid in MRCG’s Grade 1,40 Points at a minimum take home pay of 132, 287 Dalasi per month. This is equivalent to $2, 814 per month using the prevailing USD/Dalasi exchange rate.
- Please note the salary will be paid in Dalasi and the USD/Dalasi exchange rate is only given as a guide using the prevailing exchange rate.
- For displaced staff the package will include, rent-free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowances for dependents, contribution to school fees for children and shipment of personal effects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should download, fill and submit the completed Application Form below and documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
- The appointment is up to 31st March 2021 and is subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
- MRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 27th December, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia Recruitment for a Manager, Malaria Diagnostics Laboratory, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.