International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2017, Application Details
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) invites Applications from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Communications Field Officer
Locations: Mubi-Adamawa and Biu-Borno
- Maintains regular contacts with local authorities, civil society and academic circles and assures follow-up of
- ICRC’s communications activities with these. audiences, mainly independently;
- Contributes to the daily monitoring / analysis of relevant media both in English and Hausa;
- Presents events of ICRC’s interests at weekly meetings;
- Collects information on the situation in the field
- Maintains contacts with local media;
- Manages the stock of communications material in the office;
- Delivers presentations on ICRC mandate/activities and basics of international humanitarian law and humanitarian principles;
- Plans, organizes and participates in dissemination and networking activities (trainings, seminars, meetings) as requested;
- Maintains regular contacts with the relevant counterpart(s) of the Nigerian Red Cross Society Mubi Branch and supports the implementation of its communications activities.
- University degree in communication, journalism or any related fields;
- A minimum of a two-year work experience in a similar field;
- Very good written and spoken English and Hausa, knowledge of other local languages an asset;
- Good understanding of the socio-political, cultural, religious, ethnic and geographic environment in the area of responsibility;
- Very good communication and presentation skills;
- Very good computer and internet skills;
- Understanding of the social media
- Capacity to analyze and summarize the socio-political environment in the area of responsibility;
- Ability to interact and efficiently communicate with a variety of interlocutors;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to deliver quality results within the given time-frame;
- Strong team spirit and sense of responsibility;
- Willingness to follow ICRC rules and regulations and treat confidential information;
- Availability to travel frequently to the field.
Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer (MHPSS Field Officer)
Locationn: Biu, Borno
- In consultation with the MHPSS Delegate, coordinate the implementation of all field activities as defined in the MHPSS project document.
- Collaborate with the NRCS to coordinate volunteers to implement MHPSS activities as appropriate, supported by the MHPSS Programme Assistant
- Lead the volunteer team in a collaborative manner to identify the mental health and psychosocial needs of hospitalized patients, identifying relevant topics for problem solving, therapeutic and psychoeducational individual sessions, groups and sensitization activities as appropriate, with the support of the MHPSS Delegate.
- Maintain client files in accordance with international standards. Ensure all client information is kept confidential and clinical records and are kept securely and written in a respectful manner
- Identify key community actors and/or health staff who will receive intensive & ongoing training, coaching and supervision in mental health and psychological support, with the support the MHPSS delegate.
- Maintain a continuous awareness of the evolution of the situation and the impact on programme implementation, security considerations and MHPSS needs, communicating these with the sub delegation and the MHPSS Delegate as appropriate.
- Identify and facilitate referral pathways for clients in need of specialist psychological, mental health, medical and other humanitarian needs.
- University degree in Psychology.
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology or Medical Doctor specialized in Psychiatry or similar.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in clinical and/or community mental health and psychosocial programs.
- Experience working with the psychological effects of war political violence or other traumatic events highly desirable.
- Experience working in a hospital environment and/or with multidisciplinary health staff an asset.
- Group facilitation skills, training and supervision experience.
- Able to use Microsoft office efficiently.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, fluency in Kanuri and Hausa an asset.
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
- Team leadership and good communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to changing circumstances.
- Able to follow directions diligently and work within a specified framework.
- Team work and partnership working skills.
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning.
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
How to Apply for International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment
Interested and qualified should send application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The ICRC does NOTrequest for any payment from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It has been working in Nigeria since 1988.
Application Deadline 17th November, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2017, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.