Abt Associate Job Vacancies for Chief of Party 2017, Application Details
Abt Associate invites Applications from suitably qualified applicants for the 2017 Abt Associate Job Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Abt Associate Recruitment 2017
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Abt Associates seeks a dynamic Chief of Party for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded agricultural competitiveness and trade development program in West Africa. The project will improve regional and international trade flows by working with and through West African governments and Regional Economic Communities (RECs), to support trade and economic growth, and working with SMEs, and financial institutions. The project will also contribute to USAID/Nigeria’s goals and the Global Food Security Strategy objective of inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led economic growth.
- Applicants must demonstrate expertise in policy, SME development, agricultural competitiveness, regional and international trade standards, and export development, as well as an ability to design and carry out project activities across multiple countries in collaboration with multiple stakeholders. The COP should possess the intellectual, leadership and management skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a vision for the project as well as extensive experience in West Africa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project.
- Build a motivated, results-oriented team that is effective in organizing the work and coordinating with partners.
- Ensure clear communications with clients and stakeholders about project activities and accomplishments.
- Coordinate with monitoring staff to ensure timely and well-documented data collection, analysis, and reporting in support of the performance management plan.
- Assure the timely delivery of assistance under the work plan and coordinate with senior technical staff to ensure sharing of relevant technical models, coordination of activities and quality control of the work.
- Coordinate with the DCOP to spend according to plan and ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Represent the project to USAID and in public settings.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Advanced Degree in Business, Agriculture, Trade, Economics, or related field with 10-15 years of experience.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in international development, ideally with regional trade facilitation programs, in addition to at least five years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervision, problem-solving, and coordination skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates across large geographies.
- Language fluency in English required, French preferred.
- Familiarity with West African regional trade and agriculture institutions, small business enabling environment, constraints to meeting international grades and standards, and agricultural sector competitiveness, as well as experience collaborating with key players in the region.
- Experience interacting directly with USAID (highly desired) or other similar donors, ideally regarding programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local governments, civil society organizations, private sector representatives and local communities.
- Prior work experience in Nigeria highly desired.
- (15+) years of experience and a master degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: IEGNigeria@abtassoc.com using “Ag Compete Nigeria COP.” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 8th December, 2017.
If you Have Any Question or Need More Information Regarding Abt Associate Job Vacancies for Chief of Party 2017, Application Details, Kindly Make Use The Comment Box Below To Commumicate Your Feelings.